Enterprise BI solution / Fortune 500 Co.
Hybrid cloud data services company
> 10000 employees
- Provide customized insights based on big data
- Display KPIs
- Employ graphical presentations
- IT Services
- Data storage
- Custom software development
- Managed services
Project type ＿
- BI reporting
- Customer support
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Clone Database
- NetApp SnapManager for Microsoft SQL Server
- Continuous Integration
The solution provides world-wide secured access for different business departments and regions, into valuable data, analysis and insights. The information is presented in several views, such as:
- Multiple business-related KPIs: bookings, revenues forecast, billable percent of hours worked by engineers, costs, margins
- Top partners
- Support cases
- Dashboards and graphical / tabular reports.
In order to make it the best-usable product for the client, we had to overcome several challenges:
- Provide the most relevant business insights to the decision makers.
- Aggregate different data formats from wide range of heterogeneous systems (SAP, ORACLE BI, WebServices, CSV, Excel, Sharepoint).
- Keep the data fresh for all geographic regions, across a world-wide enterprise.
From technical perspective, we worked on:
- Keeping the data available for query while importing it.
- Securing sensitive data.
- Jobs running 24 / 7.
- Continually snapshot big amount of data, within short timeframes.
We met client’s high expectations, both at usability and technical level, with a series of cross-technology solutions:
- Highly efficient cloning / database publishing mechanism setup for uninterrupted access to consistent data, while the ETL jobs are running.
- Configuring security mechanism to mask sensitive data depending on user access rights.
- Development of customized Web portal for instant access to dashboards and reports with slice and dice mechanism.
- High availability and scalability using clusters and load balancing.