Custom Software Development
& Software Outsourcing
At Berg Software, we do both software outsourcing and custom software development.
For software and IT services companies, we provide access to skills.
For entrepreneurs, we digitize core processes.
We turn ideas into software. What is your superpower?
Areas of expertise＿
Other industries we specialize in:
• Storage [Case study: Advanced AI solution for enterprise malware detection]
• Cloud [Case study: Service delivery management application / Fortune 500 Co.]
• Project Management [Enterprise communication regulation b/w contracting parties]
• Marketing [Case study: Automotive configurator w/ bank & finance integration]
• Banking & Finance
• Data centers
• Professional services
- Java, Jakarta EE, Spring Boot
- C#, .NET
- HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Angular, React
- SAP Fiori, SAP Hana, SAP UI5, OData, ABAP
- AWS, Azure, OTC
- CDS, Continuous Integration
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Microsoft SQL Server, MSAS, MSIS, MSRS
- Machine learning
- NetApp ONTAP
- Selenium, Sonar
…and many others
- Enterprise Web Applications
- SAP Fiori
Who we are ＿
Our team has excellent tech skills and can provide the best software solutions to our clients. Whether you are looking to
expand your team or develop a software product from the ground up, we can help you achieve your goals.
Berg Software is part of AROBS Group
Together, we aim to continue our expansion both nationally and internationally and consolidate our presence in European markets and beyond.
years in business
What we do ＿
Custom software development
goal is to help entrepreneurs digitalize core processes.
We believe that scaling your uniqueness is what rises value, so we bring the skills to make it happen. Whether you have a powerhouse business or just an
idea on a .ppt file, we can help you develop it. We have a team of experienced developers who can create a custom software solution for your business.
Business automation and digitalization increase your speed and reach lower costs. But digitizing your core processes is what scales your unique strengths
and the outstanding value you bring to clients.
Custom software development projects by Berg Software
Berg Software can build your software product’s technical specifications, choose the right future-proof technology, code the product, perform quality assurance, deliver to your premises or cloud, and maintain and further develop your product.
All you need is the management’s understanding and buy-in for the road ahead and a tested-and-validated business model.
Why custom software development?
On the other hand, there are cases where your software requirements are so specific and unique that custom software is either the only solution or the most efficient one. Instead of using 60% of a packaged software’s capabilities (with the rest of 40% just bloating and slowing down the system), you focus the effort and resources on getting direct value.
Direct value also comes from increased flexibility and integration. Custom software is 100% in your control to build and adapt. Plus, it is easy to integrate with both legacy systems and off-the-shelf software.
However, to build custom software, you need to understand what you need and what you can commit to. For example, packaged software might be a better solution in the long term because of its automated, hassle-free upgrading – as opposed to the continuous hands-on involvement with custom software.
Your checklist before building custom software
- What is the scope? Should it be done only through custom software, or can you find off-the-shelf software covering 75% of your requests?
- Do you have solid proof of concept? Did you test its business viability?
- Does the project have internal buy-in? Do you have executive champions or sponsors to support it? Is there an appropriate budget?
- Is our team empowered to work on a custom software development project? (e.g., Do they have the appropriate knowledge, skills, and authority?)
- Are there processes in place to facilitate working with an external software development company?
- What are your metrics for successful custom software?
How do you select the right custom software partner?
- What is the software development company’s technology stack?
- How is the tech expertise spread across their personnel?
- How stable is the team?
- What are their working methodologies?
- Do they offer complementary services such as software design or architecture, QA, UI-UX, documentation, support, and maintenance?
- What are their references and credentials?
On longer-term projects, you also might want to look at geographical and cultural proximity topics, such as:
- Is the software outsourcing company an EU member?
- Do they have any previous experience working with clients in your country?
- Are they easily reachable (e.g., direct flight, short driving distance, and others)?
- Can you visit in person before deciding?
For further details, check out our article: Where and how to: Find your software outsourcing company.
How much does custom software development cost?
Software development costs:
- The most significant cost element is brainpower. Your primary benchmark will be [cost per person-hour], meaning that costs are correlated with expertise and seniority levels. The project’s total price will be strongly influenced by the development effort and time to build it.
- At Berg Software, we work with agile cost estimates. Starting from an initial assessment, we can either (A) size and adjust the functionalities to fit the cost cap; or (B) forecast costs based on your needs. Either way, All estimates are 100% objective and transparent.
Infrastructure costs: can include licenses, hosting fees, third-party tools, libraries, and more.
What about intellectual property?
Any software delivered by us is 100% free of 3rd party code that can result in intellectual property liabilities.
The intellectual property is 100% client property.
What is the working model for custom software development?
How do you kick off a custom software development project?
- Roles and responsibilities within the partnership: yes, the custom software company should deliver, but they will need significant input from you (at least at the beginning) to make sure they got the scope and the details right.
- Expect a ramp-up period for the development team to understand the project. The development partner’s experience makes the whole difference.
- Decision making: you are in complete control, but decisions will be made regularly and must be supported and documented. Clarifying the decision-making process is another big step toward a successful project.
- Milestones and metrics: having a clear vision of the project is as important as clarifying how to get there.
- Communications: determine who, when, and how frequently specific tools/platforms are used.
- Prototyping: an affordable but practical way to get a quick, early understanding of proposed functionalities.
- Definition of done: make sure to clarify what/when is considered to be done from the very beginning.
How do you manage a custom software development project?
- On the client-side, personnel and processes should be in place to manage the working relationship with the software outsourcing partner.
- Opt for shorter delivery cycles (1-3 weeks) that keep things fluid and manageable.
- Expect/demand full transparency about work in progress.
- Adopt an agile approach with frequent iterations: plan – design – develop – test – deploy – review.
- Keep an eye on the budget and current spending. Get regular budget assessments and forecasts.
For further details, check out our article: Agile stakeholder engagement.
What is the quality of custom software development?
- Automated, high test coverage to discover any risks (unit testing, integration testing, regression testing).
- Test as you go, not only before deploying.
- At the end of each sprint, everything should be functional.
How is custom software delivered?
To ensure your team is up to speed, we provide first-use assistance and further user training.
What happens after delivery?
- Regular maintenance of your custom software.
- Further upgrading and development.
- Usage assistance.
Should you have any specific software-related requests, we will be happy to support you.
We supply the skills you need on cross-technological, cross-border projects through software outsourcing.
Our team extension services can bring extra speed, flexibility, and scalability to your software development.
We know the challenges of an ever-changing industry landscape and support you in delivering value to your clients.
Why should you outsource software development?
- Limited or incomplete access to skills within the local talent pool.
- Scaling up the application (and the team) in a short time.
- Quicker go-to-market.
- Short-term projects that don’t need a permanent, dedicated development team.
- Lower total costs, often in pay-as-you-go scenarios.
- The client company can focus on their core expertise: specific technologies, sales, marketing, etc.
How much does it cost to do software outsourcing?
We work with price estimations based on the application’s scope for A-to-Z software outsourcing projects. If you have strict budget ceilings, you can work with a total cost target (adjust software features to budget). All estimates and projections are 100% transparent and agile.
What is the working framework for software outsourcing contracts?
Find out what our clients say about us＿
How we work _
Partnerships & Certifications ＿
Latest insights on software outsourcing & custom software development ＿
Maximizing Efficiency in Retail with Process AutomationProcess automation is a necessity for retail businesses. Keeping up with the constant demand for products and staying competitive in the market can be challenging. Retail automation is a game-changer for one...
Emerging Trends in Healthcare Technologies Over the past few years, we have witnessed a significant development in healthcare technologies—from biomedical technologies to drug development. After all, it’s no surprise that, of all the industries that the pandemic has...
This was an exhilarating year, with climb after climb after climb. Until we touch into 2022, why don’t you tell us: how was *your* year?