For software and IT-services companies, we provide flexible access to skills.
For 30 years, we have provided dedicated development teams and team extension solutions to major software companies. Whenever you need to power through, we get you extra brain force.
We turn ideas into software. What is yours?
What we do ＿
Our team extension services can bring extra-speed, flexibility, and scalability to your software development.
We know the challenges of an ever-changing industry landscape, and support you to deliver value to your clients.
Berg Software’s outsourcing expertise ＿
- Java, Jakarta EE, Spring Boot
- C#, .NET
- HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Angular, React
- SAP Fiori, SAP Hana, SAP UI5, OData, ABAP
- AWS, Azure, OTC
- CDS, Continuous Integration
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Microsoft SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Machine learning
- NetApp ONTAP
- Selenium, Sonar
- …and many others
- Enterprise Web Applications
Case study: Automotive configurator w/ bank & finance integration
Case study: Enterprise communication regulation b/w contracting parties
- SAP Fiori
Case study: Retail assortment planning
Case study: Enterprise BI
Case study: Advanced AI
Case study: Datamart solution
- Desktop & Middleware
Case Study: Clinical automation software
- Office automation
- Project Management
- Banking & finance
- Data centers
- Professional services
Reviews @ Clutch ＿
FAQs: software outsourcing ＿
1. Why should you outsource software development?
For software & IT-services companies, outsourcing (parts or all of) their software development is a common practice. Some of the most important reasons for software outsourcing are:
- Limited/incomplete access to skills within the local talent pool.
- Scaling up the application (and the team) in a short period of time.
- Quicker go-to-market.
- Short-term projects that don’t need a permanent, dedicated development team.
- Lower total costs, often in pay-as-you-go scenarios.
- The client company can focus on their core expertise: either specific technologies or sales and marketing etc.
2. How do you select a software outsourcing partner?
Since the main purpose of software outsourcing is to get the job done, the selection process is usually focused on expertise:
- What is the software development company’s technology stack?
- How is the tech expertise spread across their personnel?
- How stable is the team?
- What are their working methodologies?
- Do they offer complementary services such as software design/architecture, QA, UI-UX, documentation, support, and maintenance etc.?
- What are their references and/or credentials?
On longer-term projects, you also might want to look at geographical and cultural proximity topics, such as:
- Is the software outsourcing company an EU member?
- Do they have any previous experience working with clients in your country?
- Are they easily reachable (e.g. direct flight, short driving distance etc.).
- Can you visit in person, before deciding?
For further details, you might want to have a look at our article: Where and how to: Find your software outsourcing company.
3. How much does it cost to do software outsourcing?
In team extension setups, where the software outsourcing team is embedded into client’s project/company, the cost estimations are provided as €€/hour. Increased efficiency usually results from pay-as-you-go scenarios that come with no fixed headcount costs for the client.
For A-to-Z software outsourcing projects, we work with price estimations based on application’s scope. If you have strict budget ceilings, you can work with a total cost target (i.e. adjust software features to budget). All estimates and projections are 100% transparent and agile.
4. What about intellectual property?
At Berg Software, we follow the strictest security & non-disclosure standards.
Any and all software delivered by us is 100% free of 3rd-party code that can result in IP/intellectual property liabilities. The IP/intellectual property is 100% client property.
5. What is the contractual framework of software outsourcing?
6. How do you kick-off a software outsourcing project?
It is critical for your project’s success to be intentional about the way you work with the software outsourcing partner. Defining the specifics of your work mode helps to avoid a lot of future misunderstandings. Some of the most important topics to be discussed/agreed upon, at the very beginning, are:
- Roles and responsibilities within the partnership: yes, the software outsourcing company should deliver, but they will need significant input from you (at least at the beginning), to make sure they got the scope and the details right.
- Decision making: you are in complete control – but decisions will be made on a regular basis, that need to be supported and documented. Clarifying the decision-making process is another big step towards a successful project.
- Milestones and metrics: having a clear vision/scope of the project is as important as clarifying how to get there.
- Methodologies, processes: in a team extension setup, the software outsourcing company will follow the client’s work mode 100%. With A-to-Z software outsourcing projects, your partner can propose the most functional work mode for your specific case.
- Communications: who, when, how frequent, using which tools/platforms?
- Prototyping: a cheap but effective way to get a quick, early understanding of proposed functionalities.
- Definition of done: make sure to clarify from the very beginning, what/when is considered to be done.
7. How do you manage a software outsourcing project?
- On the client-side, personnel and processes should be in place to manage the working relationship with the software outsourcing partner.
- Prefer shorter delivery cycles (e.g. 1-3 weeks) that keep things fluid and manageable.
- Expect/demand full transparency about work in progress.
- Adopt an agile approach with frequent iterations: plan – design – develop – test – deploy – review.
- Keep an eye on the budget and current spending. Get regular budget assessments and forecasts.
For further details, you might want to have a look at our article: Agile stakeholder engagement.
8. What is the quality of outsourced software?
Since you selected an experienced software outsourcing company, quality should be embedded in everything they do, from processes to the final outcome. To be in complete control, you will need complete testing to be done frequently and early in each phase:
- Automated, high test coverage to discover any and all risks (i.e. unit testing, integration testing, regression testing).
- Test as you go, not only before deploying.
- At the end of each sprint, everything should be functional.
Do you need more information? Please let us know!
A system of ETL processes for data aggregation from multiple sources. It builds a set of MS SSAS cubes to be consumed by various clients (Tableau, Excel etc.).
A solution that allows creation of dynamic workflows to approve specific manufactured items for delivery to defined countries, store chains or individual stores.
Web-based BI solution for the storage systems industry. It provides world-wide secured access for business units into valuable data, analysis and insights.