Enterprise BI solution / Fortune 500 Co.
Enterprise BI solution ＿
For one of our clients, we worked on an enterprise BI solution that provides worldwide secured access for different business departments and regions to valuable data, analysis, and insights. The information is presented in several views, such as:
- Multiple business-related KPIs: bookings, revenues forecast, billable percent of hours worked by engineers, costs, margins
- Top partners
- Support cases
- Dashboards and graphical / tabular reports.
- Hybrid cloud data services company
- >10000 employees
Business case ＿
- Provide customized insights based on big data
- Display KPIs
- Employ graphical presentations
Project type ＿
- BI reporting
- Customer support
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Clone Database
- NetApp SnapManager for Microsoft SQL Server
- Continuous Integration
In order to make it the best-usable product for the client, we had to overcome several challenges while working on the enterprise BI solution:
- Provide the most relevant business insights to the decision makers.
- Aggregate different data formats from wide range of heterogeneous systems (SAP, ORACLE BI, WebServices, CSV, Excel, Sharepoint).
- Keep the data fresh for all geographic regions, across a world-wide enterprise.
From technical perspective, we worked on:
- Keeping the data available for query while importing it.
- Securing sensitive data.
- Jobs running 24 / 7.
- Continually snapshot big amount of data, within short timeframes.
We met client’s high expectations, both at usability and technical level, with a series of cross-technology solutions:
- Highly efficient cloning / database publishing mechanism setup for uninterrupted access to consistent data, while the ETL jobs are running.
- Configuring security mechanism to mask sensitive data depending on user access rights.
- Development of customized Web portal for instant access to dashboards and reports with slice and dice mechanism.
- High availability and scalability using clusters and load balancing.
Interested to know more about our expertise in enterprise solutions?
29 years in business | 2700 software projects | 760 clients | 24 countries